OPN LAW is hiring for a bookkeeper, beginning January 1, 2015. The primary function of this position is to perform the billing, bookkeeping and accounting functions of the firm. This position requires an experienced and accomplished person with a strong bookkeeping and computer background. The position requires skills and experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and the principles of law firm billing; experience with Tabs3 Financial Software would be a significant asset. The position REQUIRES experience in a law or other professional service firm environment and an understanding of IOLTA rules and regulations. This position will begin January 1, 2015 in our Roanoke Office. Part time or full time work available.
Perform all bookkeeping functions. Performs all client billing functions and other accounts receivable functions; pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable. Work together with Partners on budget for upcoming year, compile tax information for CPA. Coordinate issues and work with Firm Administrator and Managing Partner. Perform all data entry of cash receipts and client costs in billing and accounting systems, and disbursements from IOLTA trust account. Process credit card transactions, reconcile bank statements, work up and make bank deposits for the operating and IOLTA accounts. Provide all required financial reports to the Firm Partners on a monthly basis.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Must have at least 2+ years bookkeeping experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client billing in a law or professional service firm environment.
- Must have experience with law firm billing or other professional service firm and accounting software (i.e. Tabs3 strongly preferred but not required) as well as Microsoft Office Products.
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
Please email your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.